The ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor certifications are credentials for professionals needing to audit an Service Management System (SMS) and, in case of the “ISO 20000 Lead Auditor” Certification, able to manage a team of auditors.
The principal competencies and knowledge skills needed by the market are the ability to proficiently plan and perform audits compliant with the certification process of the ISO/IEC 20000:2011 standard and to master the audit techniques and to manage (or be part of) audit teams and audit program.
Various professions may apply for this certification:
- Auditor wanting to perform and lead an Service Management System (SMS) audits as the responsible of an audit team
- Project manager or consultant wanting to master the Service Management System audit process
- Person responsible for the Service or conformity in an organization
- Member of the Service team
- Expert advisor in information technology service management
- Technical expert wanting to prepare for an ITSM audit function