The Foundation Certificate in ISO20K covers the knowledge required to gain an understanding of the content and requirements of the international standard, ISO/IEC 20000: IT Service Management.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and understanding in the following upon successful completion of the education and examination components related to this certification.
- Describe the scope, intent and use of the ISO/IEC 20000 series, specifically Parts 1, 2, 3 and 5.
- The key terms and definitions
- Explain their understanding of the integrated approach to establishing and maintaining a service management systems (SMS) and processes that conform with ISO/IEC 20000-1 (Part 1) certification.
- Describe the application of ISO/IEC 20000 and scope definition parameters for achieving certification.
- Understand and describe the requirements of the SMS and the approach to a continual improvement cycle, (Plan- Do- Check- Act methodology)
- Understand and describe the intent and requirements of each clause of the ISO/IEC 20000 -1 (Part 1) requirements standard.
- Recognise and describe the need to:
- plan and implement IT service management processes;
- report on the services and major metrics of the service management processes;
- schedule and conduct regular reviews, assessments and audits;
- plan for continual service improvement
- Plan and prepare for an ISO/IEC 2000-1 (Part 1) audit.
- Explain the purpose of assessments, reviews, internal and external audits of an SMS and how they are used.
- Understand accreditation and certification schemes for ISO/IEC 2000-1 (Part 1);
- Explain the relationship with linked ISO standards and ITIL®1 best practices.
The certificate is aimed at staff in internal and external service provider organisations who require knowledge and understanding of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and its content. It will provide:
- Service owners, process owners and other service management staff with an awareness of and familiarity with the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- Individuals with the necessary knowledge to assess the relevance and importance of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard to the service management activities within their own organisation
- Managers and team leaders with a knowledge of a typical ISO/IEC 20000 IT service management system
- Internal auditors, process owners, process reviewers and assessors with a good knowledge of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard, its contents and justification of the need for internal reviews, assessments and audits
- Evidence that delegates have achieved a foundation level of knowledge of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard